Shanti Home was established in the year 2007 by a group of mental health professionals under the able leadership of Dr. Manish S. Kansal ( CMD ). Dr. Kansal has completed his Medical Graduation from B.J.M.C. Pune and post graduation in Psychiatry from G.S.M.C. & KEM hospital Mumbai. He is one of the leading Psychiatrist in Delhi. Dr. Kansal is also the first Indian Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (ADS) trained under Dr. Smith, Chairperson, NADA, USA. Dr. Kansal has also been actively associated with Delhi Psychiatric Society (DPS) in the capacity of General Secretary (2003-09), Vice President(2010-12) and President (2012-14).
Under Dr. Kansal’s guidance and well-defined process approach, Shanti Home team of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, psychiatric social workers and vocational trainers have helped a number of clients with mental health problems, substance use disorders and psycho-social problems over past few years. We, at Shanti Home, believe in providing psychiatric care integrated with psychological & social support to both individuals and family which help to reintegrate patients with mental health disorders back in the community as productive members of the society.
The services offered at Shanti Home include indoor psychiatric services, drug de-addiction services, short and long-term rehabilitation facilities for chronic psychiatric patients, psychological and psycho-social assessments and interventions, occupational therapy and vocational training and day care services. The team also provides child and adolescent guidance and treatment, disability assessments including learning disorders, autistic disorders, mental retardation and other psychiatric disabilities. Shanti Home also conducts alcoholic anonymous (AA) meetings for carers of persons with chronic psychiatric disorders.
We have two units; the first is an “Acute Management” unit in Delhi which is a part of Shanti Mukand Hospital, a 200 bedded multi-specialty hospital. The second unit is in Greater Noida (NCR) which is a 50 bedded Psychiatry Rehabilitation center for short/long stay.
- To provide quality mental health care services for patients with acute and chronic psychiatric disorders.
- To generate awareness among the larger community about mental health.
- To make multidisciplinary mental health care services available to as many people as possible.
- To establish cost-effective models for Psychiatry Rehabilitation and Drug Deaddiction Units.
- To remove the stigma attached to psychiatric disorders through community outreach initiatives.
- To promote research and training activities in the field of clinical mental health.